What They’re Sayin’
Whether you’re cargo bike curious or already involved, there’s lots to know about cargo bikes. Bicycles are at the same time simple and complex, and cargo bikes are no exception. We’ve done lots of homework studying cargo bikes and electric assist systems and have selected the products which we believe will serve our customers best. However, if you’d like to add to your cargo bike knowledge base, we know it can make for enjoyable reading. Here are a few links to suggested reading:
About Splendid Cycles
- Our friends at Xtracycle produced this profile about us.
- Voted #2 bike shop in Portland poll in Oregonian column Hard Drive
- Learn more about cargo bikes in this Bicycling magazine article.
- Learn how we make our work/home relationship work in Neighborhood Notes
- What they’re saying on Yelp
- What it was like to celebrate our shop’s opening on BikePortland.org
- Here’s an interview in the shop with Cyclepreneuers
- Or, how about this fun video of us unloading a container of Bullitts!
Press about our products
- A little Larry vs Harry History
- Bike Shop Girl writes and produced a cool video about her Bullitt Cargo Bike.
- Read the Totcycle blog review of Bullitt Cargo Bikes
- Here’s an article from Wired on Bullitt bikes
- A review of Bullitt Cargo bikes by Josh Volk of Slow Hand Farm
- Review of several cargo bikes including Bullitts in Silent Sports
- Read what Hum of the City says about BionX or riding with 3 kids in a Bullitt.
- Watch this fun video with Bullitt cargo bikes.
- Watch this video review of the Wallerang E-bike.
Press, blogs, links related to cargo bikes
- Here’s a cool documentary “(R)evolutions Per Minute” that’s in the works.
- Totcycle – Family Biking
- Raves from Urban Street Window Works on using Bullitts for business.
- Family Ride
- Kidical Mass – scroll down to find the Kidical Mass nearest you
- You Ain’t Got Jack - one family’s journey towards a car-free life in a rural community
- In BikePortland.org read how cargo bikes help can communities prepare for anything.
- Portland’s cargo bike scene is described in this post by BikePortland.org
- Cargo bikes gaining traction with the EU in European Cyclists’ Federation