Riese & Müller Folding Bikes
The Birdy is HERE!
The Birdy folds quickly, is lightweight (24- 28.9 lbs). Of course, you have to practice a few times until you can do it fluidly. Birdy holds the world record at 4.9 seconds. Its folded dimensions are approximately 24 x 35 x 13 inches. In addition to its fast and compact folding properties, its quick, sporty riding characteristics just like those of a regular bike are impressive. Because the pivot points of the suspension act as the pivot points for folding the bike, the Birdy achieves the same frame stability as a normal bike. And so it rides like one too.
The height-adjustable stem and adjustable seatpost, both with flip-flop length adjustment, mean that the seat position of the Birdy can be adjusted to rider heights from about 4’9″ to 6’4″ and riders can choose from a comfort or sport oriented position. The large diameter of the stem and handlebars, as well as the quadruple clamp, ensure maximum rigidity and stability. This gives the Birdy the riding characteristics of a normal bike.
With four frame color, and a fun selection of colorful grip and pedal accents, hydraulic disc brakes, as well as a complete selection of accessories, you can build the Birdy that’s perfect for you.
For 2017, we’ll be stocking the Birdy Speed – Shimano 9-speed – $2949
- Birdy City – Shimano Nexus – $2949
- Birdy Dualdrive – SRAM 24-speed – $3069
- Birdy Rohloff – $4659
- Rear Rack – $122
- Front Rack – $86
- Pannier Adapter for Handlebar – $61
- Light system (dynamo hub and Supernova front and rear lights) – $244
- Pump (SKS Spaero Sport) $49
- Quick release pedals – $98
- Rucksack bag (durable cordura plus)- $147
- Cover (tear-resistant nylon) -$73
- Frame bag (fits under top tube) – $49