Bosch Electric Assist
Considered by many to be THE premier e-bike system Bosch means quality, reliability, and power. Xtracycle EdgeRunners, Tern GSD, Butchers & Bicycles trikes, and Riese & Muller bikes are equipped with Bosch systems.
Bosch manufactures two different batteries, that differ primarily in the range (miles/charge). Generally, which battery is on the bike is determined by the bike manufacturer. Currently, Xtracycle and Butchers & Bicycles models use the PowerPack 400. The Riese & Muller (R & M) bikes which we stock all include the PowerPack 500. And some R & M models have an optional dual battery; that’s two 500 watt-hour batteries!
The mileage you’ll get per charge is hard to predict. Many variables interact to determine how far you can ride per charge, including: terrain, load (you and the bike and what you are carrying), wind, speed, assist level, and your effort. So, rather than list mileage/charge we’ve listed “energy content” in watt-hours (Volts x Amp-hours) instead. This is an absolute measure of the amount of the energy in the battery and we think it’s more useful for comparing potential range.
Bosch has a variety of drive units so whether you want high torque or high speed there’s a model to fit your needs.
- Bosch Performance Line – 50-60Nm of torque, e-assist support to 20 mph
- Bosch Performance Line CX - High torque system with 75 Nm maximum, e-assist support to 20 mph
- Bosch Performance Speed (HS)- cruise with support to e-assist up to 28 mph!
Intuvia On-board Control Console
- See assist level (Eco, Tour, Sport, Turbo), speed, state of charge and computer functions
- Control assist level and console display with easy-to-reach control module
Not sure which option is best for you? Don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to answer all of your questions.