Splendid Cycles is hiring a full-time front line mechanic and sales position.
We’re looking for a highly skilled, friendly, experienced, and enthusiastic person to sell, assemble, and repair cargo and electric bikes. Splendid Cycles is an importer of Larry vs Harry Bullitts, Butchers & Bicycles Trikes, and Riese & Muller bicycles. We wholesale and retail these brands providing top-notch service to our customers. In addition, our retail space provides sales and repair services to local customers.
Desired Experience: Minimum 5 years or more of experience working in bicycle retail with an emphasis on repair and customer service. Track record of high quality work and productivity. Knowledge and experience with custom bike specs and assembly a must. Experience with relationship-based customer service a must. Knowledge of cargo and electric bikes helpful but aptitude is most important.
The ideal candidate has extensive high-end bike shop experience and is as comfortable working on bikes as they are with helping customers. This position requires the ability to work to high standards and pay attention to detail. Willingness to work as a team but requiring little supervision, this team member brings skills and ideas that helps Splendid Cycles grow and flourish. Daily tasks vary but may include:
- Custom bike assembly – includes internal and external gearing, dynamo hubs/lighting, hydraulic disc brakes, belt drive, Di2, and BionX
- Stock bike assembly - includes internal and external gearing, dynamo hubs/lighting, hydraulic disc brakes, belt drive, Di2, and Shimano STEPS, Bosch Performance Systems
- Wheel builds, maintain spoke inventory, new hub/rim spoke calculation
- Repair writer and scheduler
- Bionx installations
- Bionx diagnostics
- Dynamo light install and trouble shooting
- IG hub tech, overhauls and adjustment
- Belt drive spec, installation, repair
- Submit and track warranties
- Walk-in repair service
- Over the phone/email technical support to remote customers and dealers
- Bike sales – in store and via phone/email
- Create customer and dealer invoices
- Maintains email dialogue with dealers, customers, and vendors
- Greets customers
- Answers phone
- Assists other staff with sales questions and test rides whenever needed
- Dynamo and e-bike light inventory
- Box bikes for shipping
- Shop supply inventory (oils/grease, clean rags, hardware, cleaning stuff)
We offer a humane work environment, including 30-35 hours work weeks and we pay very competitive wages (starting at $18-$22/hr ) with benefits to all full time employees. Sick leave accrues based on hours worked and Health Insurance is available after a 90 day probation period to qualifying employees.
We also offer a low-stress, positive work environment, and the best customers you’ve ever met. We work hard but strive for a healthy work-play balance for all of our staff.
Submit a pdf of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women, LGBT+, and minorities are encouraged to apply!